Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Top Books On My Spring TBR


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's Top Ten Tuesday asks bloggers to share their top ten books on their spring TBR list. The following books are in no particular order. I also chose to highlight only eight books this week.


1. Ruined by Amy Tintera is the first book in Tintera's upcoming fantasy series. I enjoyed reading her dystopian novel, Reboot, and I am looking forward to reading her take on fantasy. Emelina Flores has lost everything including her parents and sister during war. Her home has been ravaged and she wants revenge!


2. Circle of Jinn by Lori Goldstein is the second book in the Becoming Jinn series and I cannot wait to read more about Azra and about her destiny. I am expecting more adventure in this installment.


3. Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee is Lee's second book. After I read Under a Painted Sky, I knew I had to get my hands on Lee's next book. This novel takes place in 1906 San Francisco and Mercy Wong cunningly poses as an heiress to secure her enrollment at St. Clare’s School for Girls, a boarding school for wealthy white girls.


4. Renegade by Kerry Wilkinson is the second book in the Silver Blackthorn series. I want to read this book before Resurgence is published. If you're looking for a dystopian read, definitely check out Reckoning which is the first book the series.


5. If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo is about a girl named Amanda and she harbors a secret that others don't know about. In fact she used to be Andrew. I am excited to read this story and to see how Russo writes about someone being trans-gendered. I heard great things about this powerful book.


6. Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell is a short story written for World Book Day. Once I heard about it, I had to tell my friend Elizabeth from Book Yabber about it. Rowell is an auto-buy author and pre-ordering this book was a MUST! I actually received this book on Monday and accidentally received 50 copies!


7. Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare has been on my TBR list ever since I learned about this new series that was announced years ago. I finally have a copy in my hands and I am definitely going to read this slowly so I can savor every page of this beauty!


8. Allegiant by Veronica Roth is a book I want to re-read again before I see the film adaptation of Allegiant, which is part one of the novel. I know many people have mixed feelings about this installment in the Divergent series but I actually enjoy it. I am looking forward to comparing and contrasting the novel with the film.


What books are on your spring TBR list? Are there any books that you are dying to read ASAP?

18 comments:

  1. Aah Allegiant. I liked it more than everyone else seemed to as well! I hope you enjoy your spring reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually liked this book and the ending. It was necessary.

      Delete
  2. Yeah Lady Midnight !! I can't wait to start that one !! Great list :)I hope you will like reading them !

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a beast of a book but I am super excited to read Lady Midnight! I hope you enjoy the book too!

      Delete
  3. I'm really excited about Out Run the Moon too. I almost included it on my list but went with another book instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait for Outrun the Moon. It sounds so good and I love the cover.

      Delete
  4. Nice list! Happy reading and good luck since some of these are on the long side. I'm excited about Outrun the Moon but I won't be reading it for the foreseeable future BUT I will be reading Under a Painted Sky soon to booktalk it at a work training :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Outrun the Moon is definitely high on my list. I hope you enjoy Under a Painted Sky! It's one of my favorite books from 2015.

      Delete
  5. Nicole, I love your list. So many good books on there that are totally new to me. My Spring TBR just grew to double the size! I really want to check out Outrun the Moon, and of course I will be reading Kindred Spirits (thank you Elizabeth from BookYAbber). I definitely want to check out Lady Midnight. It will be my first Cassandra Clare book, so hopefully it will not disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kindred Spirits is so good. I just finished it not too long ago. The Infernal Devices is my favorite series by Cassandra Clare. It takes place in the late 1800s or so. Definitely check that one out.

      Delete
  6. Great list! I haven't heard of many of these, but Outrun the Moon is now making its way straight onto my TBR. I also can't wait to read Lady Midnight, but I am determined to finish her other series first!
    Hope you enjoy reading all of these and heres my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that Outrun the Moon is making it onto your TBR list. I hope you are able to finish Cassandra Clare's other series before picking up Lady Midnight.

      Delete
  7. I hope you like RUINED! I have yet to read REBOOT, but I'm glad to hear that you liked it!

    I know that you're so excited to read OUTRUN THE MOON! I hope you get to it soon!

    IF I WAS YOUR GIRL!!!!!! I cannot wait to get my hands on this book! May 3rd release date! YAY!! Not that far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reboot is pretty good! I still need to read the sequel, Rebel. It seems like everyone is excited about Outrun the Moon. I hope it is as good as Under a Painted Sky or better! I will let you know about If I Was Your Girl.

      Delete
  8. Lady Midnight! Tho am a little bit skeptical with this because I think TMI is a very long series? I've also seen mixed series. I hope you enjoy it tho!

    My TTT!

    Kate @ The Bookaholic Blurbs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TMI was fairly long but I am looking forward to reading more about Emma Carstairs and the new crew of Shadowhunters.

      Delete
  9. I really want to read Kindred Spirits too, I always look forward to something new from Rainbow Rowell. I still haven't read Carry On yet though so that's another one I'm hoping to get round to soon :)
    I only read the first of the Divergent books but I really enjoyed the films so far, and will definitely see the next one, so maybe I should get back to the books as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually just finished reading Kindred Spirits and I enjoyed it. Carry On is good and if you enjoyed reading the fan fiction parts of Fangirl. I know some people skipped out on Carry On because they didn't read the Simon Snow parts in Fangirl or because they didn't like the fan fiction sections.

      Also, I hope you have a change to read Insurgent and Allegiant.

      Delete