Saturday, August 6, 2016

The Marauders: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Midnight Release Recap



The Marauders is a feature where Book Yabber, Marci from The Plot Bunny and I will showcase our bookish adventures around New England. Whether it is a bookstore or a library, we wanted to discover new places to share with the bookish community. We each took an Animagus form. Can you guess who is who and what animal is each person's Animagus?


I was beyond excited to meet up with Elizabeth and Marci for one of the most epic days of the year! Harry Potter and the Cursed Child was released on July 31st which is also Harry Potter's and J.K. Rowling's birthday!!! I met up with Elizabeth at Harvard Square (aka Harvard Square) and we headed to John Harvard's for dinner. Rachel, Anna and Marci met up with us shortly after. I ordered a Lady Grey martini in honor of the Grey Lady, which by the way, is perfect for this Ravenclaw. For dinner I had a delicious plate of Butternut Squash Ravioli.



Rachel and Anna parted ways with Elizabeth, Marci and I. Despite it being almost 8:00 p.m., the ladies and I ventured toward Harvard Book Store, which is my favorite indie book store. The line for the tickets didn't start yet but we wanted to be some of the very first people to obtain the book at midnight. Tickets were being handed out at 10:00 p.m. in the order people stand in line. We ended up being in the front of the line and boy was it worth it.


Elizabeth and I needed to use the restroom so we walked toward Starbucks to order some Butterbeer Frappucinos. I ended up getting Luna on my cup and had Bellatrix written for Marci. When Elizabeth and I walked back to Harvard Book Store, the line was getting pretty lengthy. I am so glad we got there earlier and Marci held the spot for us.

After a couple of hours of waiting in line for the tickets, we were notified that the we couldn't get our tickets until the list for the pre-orders was done printing. We didn't end up going into the store into around 10:30. However, it was definitely worth the wait. We got our photo taken at the photo booth and worked on a Harry Potter trivia sheet that we can fill out to enter to win a $50.00 gift card to Harvard Book Store. There were also house tables serving cream soda, pretzels and other treats.
Photo credit: Harvard Book Store
Elizabeth, Marci and I counted all the snitches around the store and we were in the queue at 11:45 p.m. to wait in line for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. OMG was that wait torturous! My heart was pounding so fast when there was only 6 minutes left before the boxes were opened. I was able to capture many photos and video of the epic midnight release party!



Elizabeth, Marci and I took so many selfies all night long. My favorite has to be the one with us holding Harry Potter and the Cursed Child in our hands! We got the book around 12:01 and were out of the store super quick before heading home. This was Elizabeth's first midnight release party and I am so happy that she had a blast. In fact, we all had a fantastic time!

Top left and bottom right photo credit: Elizabeth, top right photo credit: Harvard Book Store


What did you do for the release of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child? Did you attend a midnight release party or throw a Harry Potter with friends? Did you marathon the movies or books?


If you want to follow The Marauders on social media, please check out the hashtag, #TheMarauders3, for pictures about our bookish adventures. We solemnly swear we are up to no good. Mischief Managed.

Photo credit: Marci

No comments:

Post a Comment