Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Top Ten Authors I am Dying to Meet


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's Top Ten Tuesday asks bloggers post about their top ten authors they are dying to meet. I have been fortunate enough to meet many authors in my life but there are always more fantastic authors I would love to meet in the near future. The following authors are in no particular order.


1. Lisa See is an author I have been dying to meet ever since she published her novel Snow Flower and the Secret Fan back in 2005. In fact, I will meeting her today since she will be visiting one of my favorite indie book stores. Her current novel, The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane came out last Tuesday.


2. J. K. Rowling is an author I want to meet someday in my life time. Not only did she write the amazing Harry Potter series but she has brought life to a open-minded fandom and has brought joy to many Potterheads. Harry Potter and the Wizarding World have special spots in my heart. Not only have I been a fan for over 15 years but Harry Potter is part of my life that I will always cherish. I have made countless memories and met so many people because of Harry Potter. Thank you, J.K. Rowling!


3. Stephanie Perkins is an author I would love to meet one day because I absolutely fell in love with her Anna and the French Kiss companion series. Not only are her short stories cute as well but I am looking forward to her upcoming horror novel.


4. Kerri Maniscalco is an author who knows how to write a good historical thriller. I fell in love with her debut novel, Stalking Jack the Ripper, and I cannot wait to sink my teeth into Hunting Prince Dracula.



5. Julie Buxbaum captivated me with her heartfelt book, Tell Me Three Things. If you love books like The Start of Me and You, definitely check Buxbaum's books. Her upcoming book, What to Say Next sounds like the perfect summer contemporary read.
6. Neil Gaiman is an author I would love to meet. From Coraline to American Gods, Gaiman is a staple author in any household.


7. Stephen Chbosky has written one of my favorite books of all time, The Perks of Being a Wallflower. He is also a screenwriter. Chbosky wrote the screenplay for the film adaptation for The Perks of Being a Wallflower and for the live-action version of Beauty and the Beast.


8. Stacey Lee writes novels that I can relate to. She writes historical fiction and contemporary novels that are diverse and are unique. The Secret of a Heart Note is one of my favorite books she's written. I would love to meet her one day.


9. Stephanie Garber's debut novel Caraval is stunning! I cannot wait to read more novels by her especially the next book in the duology. She is a fantastic storyteller and meeting her would be a dream come true.


10. Naoko Takeuchi is known for her Sailor Moon and Codename Sailor V manga. I have been a high fan of Sailor Moon since the early 90s and I would love to meet the creator of this splendid manga series!



What authors are you dying to meet? Have you meet any of the authors on my list above?

24 comments:

  1. I haven't read Secret of a Heart Note, but it's on my TBR! So many books so little time. IDK even know what to read next!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a cute book! I hope you get to read it in the near future. I agree with you about so many books and so little time.

      Delete
  2. J.K. Rowling would be a dream to meet! :-) I stupidly missed her off my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have to pinch myself to make sure it isn't a dream if I end up meeting her in the future. Lol.

      Delete
  3. Stephanie Perkins should have been added to my list too! Her 'Anna' novel is one of my of my all-time favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love being transported to Paris. Stephanie Perkins is now a favorite author of mine because of the companion trilogy. Such a lovely trilogy :D.

      Delete
  4. Awesome picks!! I met Kerri Maniscalco last spring and she was SO nice. I met her in a hallway in the hotel that was connected to where BEA was held. She was super surprised that Stalking Jack was on our lists of BEA books we HAD to get, which I thought was so funny. Since it was a one of THE books to get at BEA. I

    would also love to meet JK Rowling (yeah right) and Stephanie Perkins!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHH! So lucky you were able to meet Kerri! I knew SJTR was a huge buzz book at BEA last year. J.K. Rowling will be so hard to meet because of how popular she is but Stephanie Perkins will be doable depending where she tours.

      Delete
  5. Nice list! J.K. Rowling is definitely a must meet! I think I'd die if I did haha! Neil Gaiman would be pretty cool to meet too.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I would probably freak out if I ever got to meet J.K. Rowling! Neil Gaiman will be speaking in my state for an event tomorrow but unfortunately when the tickets were on sale to the public, they sold out in minutes and I wasn't lucky enough to get one.

      Delete
  6. Awesome list of authors. J K Rowling is on my list too.
    https://runwright.net/2017/03/28/ten-people-that-could-rewrite-your-life/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am glad you like the authors I chose for this week's TTT. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  7. Neil Gaiman would be a fascinating person to meet. I couldn't agree with Lauren more on that.

    Runwright, J.K. Rowling has been on a lot of people's lists, and I'm not surprised one bit. :)

    Here is my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not surprised if people have either Neil Gaiman and/or J.K. Rowling on their lists.

      Delete
  8. My husband and I are in the process of reading American Gods before the shows starts!
    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Meeting JK Rowling is one of my actual dreams!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/03/28/top-ten-tuesday-100/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to meet her someday or at least be in the same room as her :D.

      Delete
  10. Love Lisa See! JK Rowling, no big surprise, is also on my list. I'm only 1 degree of separation but I don't think I'll ever manage that big a favour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I haven't met too many Lisa See lovers so I am glad you like her books. And J.K. Rowling is the queen!

      Delete
  11. Wow, I seriously just met Lisa See last Saturday!!! She was amazing to hear speak and I hope that you are able to hear her speak in person. She's funny and smart. I also loved reading Snow Flower and the Secret Fan and look forward to reading The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane, which Lisa See is novel with the deepest mother - daughter bond she's written about to date. See my post about the Lisa See event I attended if you're interested! http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2017/03/lisa-see-author-signing-event.html

    I hope you meet all the authors on your TTT list this week. The cool thing is that I made a TTT post a couple of years ago of all the authors I wanted to meet in person some day and I ended up meeting three of them in person within a year!! I'm hoping to meet the rest of the authors on my TTT list some point in time!

    This week I choose to focus on the eleven authors I can't believe I've already met! Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2017/03/top-ten-tuesday-ten-authors-i-cant.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was able to hear Lisa See speak and I got to meet her the day this post went up. She is such an amazing storyteller. I was lucky to read The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane early and it's my favorite book written by Lisa. Thanks for the recap link too!

      That's awesome you were able to meet some of the authors on your list from a couple years ago. It's a good way to create a goal for yourself. I hope you get to meet more authors on your lists in the future as well.

      Delete